Sunday, April 29, 2007

Baby's Comin Out of the Corner!


I
remember when Dirty Dancing first came out, and all the hype that came with it: the title was too daring, should it really be only a PG-13 rating?!, blah, blah, blah.


My older sister was questioned before she could watch it: who are you seeing it with, are you going during the daytime, look away if the dancers are getting a little too close, etc.
All that was parent talk for "NO BOYS!" I'm assuming....which at the end, I think she was still denied permission.

My mother and step-father were among those that rented it when it came out on video, and told me I couldn't come out of my room for the rest of the night...and believe me I tried.

Anyway, all that work just for me to go over to my best friend's house and watch it there during a sleepover.
I remember us sitting on her couch eyes fixed on Patrick Swayze and in such "melt like buttah" (that phrase was actually said a few times that night) mode when he grabbed Baby to dance for the first time.
Two silly schoolgirls we were for the rest of the night as we soaked in the whole flick, and jumping for joy when Johnny came back for Baby before their big dance seen...and the LIFT!

A couple weeks later we went to another friend's sleepover and watched it there while her older brothers were in charge. Such rebels we were...




I am so excited that this movie is coming back to the big screen! For TWO nights only, and my girls and I have tickets for the Tuesday night show! I can't wait!

Some may think I'm crazy, or going a little overboard by seeing a movie that's been on video since I was 11, but c'mon!...It's Dirty Dancing!

So here's to Tiffany and Wendy ~~ Hope you'll be at the theaters one of the nights with some of your friends and mouthing "I carried a watermelon?!", too!

No comments: