Saturday, July 14, 2007

Twinkle Toes


This is why I procrastinated so much. 700 pictures to edit. I'm so tired right now, I can't remember what I added in. I might be adding more later so I figured I'd 'Slide' them since I helped my busy sister create hers.

I do know that Recital Day was very hectic, but a lot of fun! This is Jalen's third show now, and she did great! I know, as a parent it is your right to say that, but I really mean it! John and I were so proud of her. It's days like this that I truly love having little girls!

She was Miss India in her ballet; she kept going around the house all month long "I'm Miss India!" She played the part VERY well I must say. ;)

Then her tap, 'Broadway Baby' was awesome! She sang her little heart out center stage.

**sidestory: On the last week of school, they had a play and Jalen was called on stage to help with a story. After she was done, she took a bow and blew a kiss to the audience and waved as she went offstage. Her teacher said she was going to miss Jalen's 'little' personality. **

After all the sweat, extra practices and raw, torn feet, in the end everything came together and I was so proud of the effort my girls gave. At the beginning of the year, all I asked of them was to give me their 100%, and (besides a few teen-age meltdowns) they did.

Congratulations to Alexis who got accepted into the American Ballet Theatre Summer Intensive Program, and Dori for continuing her dance at NC State. Oh, and Tara! Who was chosen to perform with (specific name that I can't remember right now) Russian Ballet, and then onto New York!!


Well...no time to catch my breath. On to prepare for the coming year!

1 comment:

Sheba Price said...

Jalen looks like an indian doll! I love all of the pics and the recital looked like it was a very good one! The costumes are amazing and the girls look like they love to dance! I love the side story of Jalen! She is your child of coarse. Someone we know also has more competition! Oh Gosh! Next thing you know well you know what will happen!
Anyway, good to see the recital post and I can't wait for the next one! You are an awesome mom and dance teacher Ish! Oh and Wedding planner too! I have to call you later and tell you what I have been thinking of.