Thursday, December 07, 2006

...."And You'll Pull Her Nice"




If anyone's seen the movie Cars, then you'll know who Bessie is. I've talked about the construction on our lane/road (I'm partially glad that we're moving away from that) and what a pain in my side it has been.

Well, this was our Bessie. Bessie was like our own action figure...and on some days while my girls were watching Cars, Bessie created real life... a Surround Sound, if you will-- type of effect. Our action figure however comes not with Lightning McQueen, (we would only be so lucky) but with fowl-mouthed men that have 200 different sayings ALL including the F-word.

We have: Hector, Ortega, and Miguel -- they curse in Spanish AND English. Billy-Bob and Billy-Bob Jr. that curse while using Southern slang...I still don't know which words are worse, and Dante-- he especially likes saying "I quit" after meeting his quota.

You know the part in a movie when a woman is holding her child, then someone says something truly horrific and the woman grabs her kid tighter and runs out? Well, that would be me but standing on the front deck of our own home. No where to escape but to run inside real fast before my daughter's real first word is S**T.

They're done now, and I am truly thankful.

So thanks Bessie for creating a smooth road for our vehicles to ride on, and thanks for taking your accessories with you.

2 comments:

liz said...

hehe it looks like bessie. i love that movie

Mariah said...

Oh what Ryan would give to live near a Bessie!