Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hello My Name is Jalen



My daughter asked me what I was typing about the other day when looking at my blog. She informed me she wanted people to know about her as well. So this is my interview with my out-spoken, loving, and stubborn 5 year old.

Mom: So Jalen, do you like your name?
Jalen: Yes, I love my name, but I like Isabella (her middle name) more. I love my last name too, yeah, I like my whole name, it's different.

M: What's your favorite color?
J: Pink - I have it everywhere, it's the prettiest color ever

M: What's your favorite candy?
J: Strawberry lollipops.
M: That's my favorite flavor too!

M: What's your favorite food?
J: Macaroni and cheese!

M: What's your favorite song?
J: "I Like to move it" From Madagascar and "Hollaback Girl", and that dance song - (Find A New Way To Dance), "Oh, and Broadway Baby - we're tapping to that in dance, remember?"
M: Yes, I remember, we hear it ALL the time!

M: What's your favorite time at school?
J: Recess, and art class...What did you like about high school?
M: This is about you, I'll answer that later.

M: What's your favorite cartoon?
J: Spongebob beacuse he's so funny!

M: What's your favorite movie?
J: Hmmm...The Incredibles, and 12 Dancing Princesses!!!!
M: Okay, don't yell!

M: Okay, what's your favorite toy?
J: Princess Genevive F/12 Dancing Princesses, she's awesome dude.
M: dude, huh?

M: What do you like to do in the summertime?
J: Sleep! Listen to music and dance! Oh, and going to the beach making sandcastles, finding shells, and swim. And you said I could take surfing lessons this year mom, are you going to let me?
M: Ummmm...ask your dad.

M: What's your favorite game to play?
J: On PS2? Ribbit King. That's cool.
M: Oh! I didn't know that.

M: Ice-cream?
J: Chocolate ice-cream w/chocolate sprinkles.
M: Yeah, that's yummy!

M: Where do you like to go on vacation?
J: Anywhere that we have to use an airplane. I like to fly.
M: Really? Even Alaska?
J: Alotta snow huh? ...Yeah, even there.

M: Who do you love more, me or dad? No, just kidding! Who do you wish you could play with right now?
J: My best friend Sadie in VA.

M: What don't you like about school?
J: That I have to get up early. And that Bryce calls me J-J. I don't like that.
My name is J-A-L-E-N

M: SO overall what are your favorite things about living in NC?
J: I like going up and down the road b/c you can see water, and I love my school, and I love going to dance.

M: So you think we're done here?
J: Yes, we wrote a lot of stuff about me, and now people can see it. I will be famous.
M: I don't know about that, but I would say you were fun to interview.
J: well, Thank you. Let's go play Princesses. Turn off the computer now, you've been on there a long time.
M: Ten Minutes!!!
J: Let's get with the Princess thing mom. Please?
M: Since you asked nicely.

1 comment:

Laura said...

so cute....great idea!