Friday, May 11, 2007

Part 2

My friend didn't say anything about the 'incident' to me on the way back to the party, just tried to make me laugh. And I did....all the way to school that following Monday. Walking to class, I ran into my EX-BFF and she tried to justify her actions. She really had nothing to do with it, she didn't know what she was doing...blah, blah, blah. After the first 10 seconds I just started hearing the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher.

After my 2nd class, I he
ard that Mr. Ex was still telling people that were together! That's funny, did I look like that big of a push-over?? I walked right past him into the lounge where a friend of mine ("Zeller") re-introduced me to his cousin.

I remembered meeting him the beginning of the year, and he was cute and funny; yet I was NOT interested. He asked me what was wrong, and usually I would be quiet and say nothing, but I just didn't care about protecting people who hurt me anymore. So I told him how my boyfriend and best friend "laughed" in the bathroom the night of her birthday party.


The three of us hung out for the rest of the hour and I left for work at the wonderful headquarters of Fleet Bank. Thinking how guys and girls just totally sucked, I realized I left my candy in the lounge. Not that it was a big deal, but chocolate was my only friend at that moment. I walked back in and Zeller's cousin was walking towards me with my confidant.
"Thanks Eddie! I needed that."
"You're welcome, but my name is John."


....It's a good thing I married him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, let me give you a story from the guy side. I was a sophmore in high school, and I was in a school where labels were practically posted on you the moment you woke up. Anyway it is sophmore year, the newest batch of freshmen were walking around, and it was lunch time, and I can still picture it,
(I don't know how I remember all the little details with such a bad memory) walking across the lunch room was at the time I thought the prettiest girl I had seen at school yet. And it just so happened she had a Latin class with me, yes I said latin. And she sat in front of me. So as the year progressed I saw her with her boyfriend in school, and didn't think much of it. And one day I wrote "the note" and she said yes. I thought wow, I just took this hot girl from her boyfriend. So we dated for a bit, and one day her "ex" boyfriend asks me to go for a ride with him in his car, so I go, and as soon as I get in the car I notice a picture of her on his dashboard. Hmmm first clue, ignored. He proceeds to tell me how he is happy for me, and he hopes I treat her right. Ok, I go with it and one day I go to school and she is not there that day. I call at night to see if she is ok, and she tells me she was in a car accident, with her "ex" boyfriend and he was taking her and her girl friends to school. Second clue, ignored.(not to bright am I) time goes by and I think everything is going awesome in our relationship,then I get "the note" Yep you guessed it, I think we should give it a rest. I was devastated. I thought about this girl all the time, I thought at the time I was in love, yes, love. Come to find out the day of the "accident" He took her to their spot, the pier at a lake where I live near, with roses, and they spend the day together. And of course as most often do, I find out she had slept with him. And also with another guy while I was dating her. Wow what a winner I had picked huh? I guess I didn't steal anyone from anyone.

Unknown said...

Hey Anon.-
Thanks for leaving a 'guy' version. I appreciate that.
And funny that you know I would do a double take on the 'Latin', thing. ;)

Sheba Price said...

We all have those moments when we just want to shoot something or someone for doing us wrong and then something great happens at the end. Like meeting John. I remember way to many stories of heartbreak and distress that I won't share but it all makes us stronger in the end. So thanks to all of my sucky ex boyfriends who were total jerks to me because it has made me stronger and yes believe it or not more confident. I didn't NEED you to survive. I wish that song was out when I did go through those things, "TO the left, to the left,everything that you own is to the box to the left."-Beyonce. It would have made it a little more enjoyable.