Friday, March 14, 2008

Silver Lining


Well, took a break for a while, thanks to all our friends and family who helped cheer us up and help me get back on my feet. A part of me felt I should be more accepting since this is the fourth time, but in all reality...

I must say I am so thankful for my family, my girls, and John. He took care of me and the girls all this time and still so very supportive. John, I tend to forget this was hard on you too, and promise to be a better friend to you. I shut everyone out for the longest time and you were so patient with me, thank you for that. We wanted our little boy so much! I know when it is time we will be even more grateful.

My dear sweet spirit, someday I will hold you in my arms and you will complete our family. I had this poem framed for you and it will hang in your room when you arrive.

My day old child in my arms
with my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish,
I wish that you could hear,

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
so I can tell you about God."

My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled his ear,
but a kind of light passed through his eyes,
and I saw this thought appear,

"How I wish I had a voice and words,
I've a hundred things to say,
Before I forget, I'd tell you of God,
I left Him yesterday."

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Simone- If you don't mind me asking what happened and are you ok? If you want you can email me nancypking@netscape.net

The Turley Times said...

I'm so glad you are posting again...i'm so sorry about the baby! I was so excited for you. I actually almost called you today...I will be in touch soon! By the way...we are moving. I'll fill you in soon! Love you!