Thursday, November 02, 2006

One Disney Princess, a Pink Butterfly and Some Innocent Candy


Even though we have been here since August, we are still trying to adjust to living on our island.
For those who don't know, we were almost going to move when John got an offer in PA, but with a lot of pondering and praying, we have decided to stay.
Well, that means all the things I was refusing to unpack...really need to come out. I was unpakcing and cleaning all day and was rushing to get things ready for that night. John was gone for the week, and barely made it home Saturday night to take the girls Trick or Treating at Jalen's school. Since the houses are so spread out here, they do kind of like a 'trunk or treat' but it's at the school, and they actually turn it into a carnival. Jalen had a lot of fun, and I am so surprised Brooklyn kept her hat on from her costume!
Thanks to my sister who sent me that butterfly outfit (B was supposed to be a bumble bee, but the costume was too big) Brooklyn (who is finally in 6-9 mo. clothing, and almost 15 months) got to dress up!
Anyway, they had a good time, and of course everyone knows that it's the parents' duty to make sure their kids get enough candy....so the parents can eat some too! A pretty good chase ensued between John and I resulting in a few broken pieces of candy, Brooklyn laughing thinking we were playing tag and Jalen yelling that if we don't stop "Neither of us get anything!" (I wonder where she got that attitud from?)

4 comments:

Laura said...

so cute! i love the butterfly costume! dang cute kids...simone!

liz said...

whoa, what cute little babes! Jalen looks like sheba to me in the middle shot but then the last one she is like a little mini-Simone. Seeing her pictures reminds me of the first time I knocked on your door to see if you could come play! She looks so much like you. Brooklyn is still too little for me to determine, they are both beautiful!

liz said...

p.s. that's a great picture of John, I don't think I have seen one with his huge smile!

Unknown said...

Yeah, the smile comes out in rare moments!

Brooklyn looks a lot like John, Jalen looks like me but with Sheba's complexion.