Saturday, October 14, 2006

Nothing Important, Really


I love music, I used to put a different type of CD on every night to fall asleep to when I was younger. Thank goodness for MP3 players, b/c my husband needs silence. He tolerates me though, I appreciate that. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Nelly Furtado's new stuff. I like her new album. And the Elva album from Unwritten Law is always a favorite. That's more of a driving in my car kind of CD though. Seein Red is a good song on a 'fall asleep' playlist.

I've made a few playlists of different kinds of songs to fall asleep to. U2 is a must in all of them. I know this is going to sound cliche, but I love Bono, and their sound is just awesome to me. And I can't forget the Cranberries...I love them too.
When I go running, I used to take my player with me, but when I go on the beach, that is so much more calming to me. When the sun is about to set, and the waves are crashing, there's something that's in tune with your inner self. It mesmerizes you...takes you away. I could stay there for hours and just feel at peace.

Things get so crazy sometimes that the little things...or some as big as the ocean go unnoticed.
I hate hardships, and in my life there have been enough, but like those crashing waves washing up to the sand creating a new beach, they make you and mould you into a new and (hopefully) more understanding, mature person.

I sometimes wonder, if I dig far enough down in the sand, if I will see some beautiful shell that's been hiding there for a while. Sometimes I do. I wonder how it got there, how hard the waves were hitting that day this shell washed up; how long it was waiting to be discovered.

For a long time, I thought I was waiting for someone to find me, to make me happy. We are always evolving and I know that; but it wasn't until I was in college that I did that for myself. I 'found' a good part of 'myself' during those years and saw that I was strong and I can make myself happy. I didn't need anyone to do that for me. They can add to it...but not do it all. My husband adds to it a lot!

I realized that when you do that for yourself with the knowledge that you deserve all that is good in the world, that anything feels so attainable! I know what I'm writing isn't rocket science, but so many people go through this world waiting for something or someone to 'save' them from the hell in their lives. I don't know how long they're willing to wait, but God didn't say "Meet Me halfway" for nothing. And I don't have that much patience.

No comments: