Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bullets and Bracelets



Word has been out for a little while now that Hollywood is going to make a Wonder Woman movie. No one could be more thrilled than me.

Growing up, I had EVERYTHING Wonder Woman. I loved Lynda Carter. My mother went through A LOT of foil and styrofoam cups because I would make her bullet reflectors out of them.

Then there was the dreaded Sunday mornings. I would INSIST on wearing my Wonder Woman bathing suit to church. I fought and fought thinking in my 3 year old way, how cool it would be to wear my suit.

I would bring my Wonder Woman doll and wear my bracelets made out of foil. I really don't know how my mom didn't kill me, and actually got me to put on my Sunday dress. I DO know there were times that she missed church because of me, and the days we DID make it, she would get me up at 6:30 AM to get me dressed...more like give her time to negotiate with me out of wearing my coveted bathing suit.
We had church at 10.

She finally bought me a newer Wonder Woman shirt that she would be able to cover with a plaid jumper for Church...it would be like my secret identity. That is, until I stood on her chair in her Sunday School class and yelled to everyone that I WAS Wonder Woman. Our 1st Counselor (in that branch) TO THIS DAY still refers to me as Wonder Woman.

(Brooklyn in my first WW shirt...wasn't happy to take that picture)

Anyway, I'm really not trying to get my hopes up on the movie, or try to figure out what plot Hollywood is going to give it. I am, however, interested to see who they will pick as Wonder Woman herself.

I must say I will be very disappointed if they choose someone that doesn't live up to the Lynda Carter Standard. I wonder "Will they know the full Diana Prince/Wonder Woman turn?, How to swing her lasso just right?"


....What I wouldn't give to fly in her invisible airplane.


3 comments:

Mario Xavier said...

Nice Blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Thanks!

Laura said...

Wonder Woman! Cute story! happy V-day!