Thursday, February 08, 2007

Message In A




With Valentine's Day soon approaching, I can't help but have ONE thing on my mind!...CHOCOLATE!

For as long as I can remember, I have loved this "Food of the Gods."
And as there may be connoisseurs of wine, I have taken the liberty to do the same for chocolate.

I have tasted a lot of chocolate from many different places, as I'm sure many people have. I can spot a wrapper, box, design from a mile away and (most of the time) know what kind of candy it is.
I love candy bars and gourmet confections to truffles and hot chocolate. It's all delicious.

Valentine's day was always fun. My mother would make these beautiful baskets with a little Victorian Doll, and all these different kinds of chocolate. One of my all time favorites would be these little two-bite chocolates called "Baci". It means 'kisses' in Italian, and we had these at every occasion. It's made of creamy dark chocolate with a rich hazelnut center and it's to die for.

I love LOVE. I love people being in love, I love the whole romantic scene. Maybe that's why I favor these chocolates, maybe they wouldn't taste the same if they didn't have a little secret hidden inside every wrapper.
Throughout the years, I have kept certain favorite sayings in a little box hand-carved with hearts. I can look at one and remember when and why I kept it.

A memorable one is from a box that my husband gave me while we were dating. We got into a 'disagreement' and couldn't see eye to eye.

"KISSING IS GETTING TWO PEOPLE SO CLOSE TOGETHER THAT THEY CAN'T FIND FAULT WITH ONE ANOTHER."

No comments: